Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2013

Writing Prompts

Never fear the aid of writing prompts, because one day they will become your salvation. Just as they were mine after almost a month of writer's block. Yes, writer's block. The bane of all authors and poets alike. So, I suppose the question is : where do you find these writing prompts? 

Good question. Honestly, there are a few places you could look. You could look online, or you could buy a book of novel (not the book, but the adjective) suggestions and prompts. That, is what I did. Well, I should clarify the fact that my father bought me the book for christmas. It was a great present and there are so many ideas that have helped me and inspired me. 

So, all in all, I greatly support the use of writing prompts. Don't be ashamed of having to borrow someone else's prompt to create a new and invigorating novel! Be grateful that someone is allowing it. 

That's all I've got, 
write on.